arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Installed fine... but trouble connecting between solution and database

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
simonjng posted on Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:38 PM

Hi - new problem to v1.4 and my move to Win 7 and a couple of changes in install (sorry - lots of variables).

I'm having a problem running the Console - an issue with connecting to the Arachnode.net SQL server. When I F5 it all goes smoothly until it asks me for connection creds with my Win login set to Administrator (greyed out so can't be altered). Neither my user or nil password lets me through. I've also been getting a warning about local IIS services needing me to be an Administrator.

I've tried changing the impersonation settings (no joy and giving it my actual Win user/pass causes another error).

My default account is Administrator level and I've been running VS2008 as Administrator.

Is this a connection string issue? Or somthing o do with Named Pipes/TCP/IP settings (both currently disabled) under MyComputer>Manage>SQL Server Protocols settings?  I recall some fettling with something in both when I was having trouble last year but I didn't note what was done.

BTW, as below I am now on Win 7, if that makes any odds. All the install/config options have been carried out (output directories, reset database, attach to database, etc. etc.) as per the new walkthrough video.

I have installed the an files and database on two different drives within the same machine. References to the database drive are all in G:/ etc. format, so I have added that drive to my network share. Perhaps they need to be in the share //T7400/Data/etc. format?

Sorry I haven't got the precise text from the errors - I can compile them if needs be.

Many thanks

Simon

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

You definitely need TCP/IP (for remote access) and Named Pipes (for local) enabled.  :)  Try that.

You will need to run VS as an ADMIN under 7 to debug IIS.  (Right-click > Run as 'Administrator'...)

Related link: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/786/11574.aspx

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

You definitely need TCP/IP (for remote access) and Named Pipes (for local) enabled.  :)  Try that.

You will need to run VS as an ADMIN under 7 to debug IIS.  (Right-click > Run as 'Administrator'...)

Related link: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/786/11574.aspx

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Shares work as well.

Can you take a screenshot of the credential prompt.  This is new to me.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Aloha

Amended the Named Pipes and TCP/IP settings. That removed some of the erors and got me as far as starting an IIS server and the console opening...  still got deploy erros though.

And the Web project hasn't opened (although the source files are all there OK).  I get the IIS dialogue/error when I try to reload it (images pasted below).

I've just remembered another issue that was previously fixed - with the connection string I think - which would seem to fit the symptoms here... I'm using a named instance for the AN database.  So.... I've pasted the DB connection properties summary below as well as I'm guessing that the connection string in Functions doesn't account for the named instance?

I'll be doing some Googling while you are asleep to see if I can fix it myself - and putting "learn more about SQL and database admin" on my to-do list for 2010!

Thanks

Simon

[BTW, 'localhost' and 127.0.01 resolve to my root share off which the Data HDD where both the AN files and the AN database are shared]

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Update:

The connection string for UriClassificationDataSource.ds in the Analysis project was not fully formed, so I corrected that and now the Analysis project chunters through until it throws an error:

Error    53    Error (Data mining): An error occurred while the 'Domains_DMDim' data mining dimension with the 'Domains' source mining model was being processed. The algorithm of the source model returned data mining dimension content information that is not valid.        0    0   

I've stepped over this and I'm now getting an Exception in crawler.cs at line [124]:

Cannot open database "arachnode.net" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'T7400\simon'.

Looks like another connection string issue. I'll try and trace it...

Simon

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Here's the exception detail:

System.Exception was unhandled
  Message="Cannot open database \"arachnode.net\" requested by the login. The login failed.\r\nLogin failed for user 'T7400\\simon'."
  Source="Arachnode.SiteCrawler"
  StackTrace:
       at Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Crawler..ctor() in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\SiteCrawler\Crawler.cs:line 124
       at Arachnode.Console.Program.Main() in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\Console\Program.cs:line 43
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:
       Message="Cannot open database \"arachnode.net\" requested by the login. The login failed.\r\nLogin failed for user 'T7400\\simon'."
       Source="Arachnode.DataAccess"
       StackTrace:
            at Arachnode.DataAccess.ArachnodeDAO.GetVersion() in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\DataAccess\ArachnodeDAO.cs:line 659
            at Arachnode.DataAccess.Managers.ConfigurationManager.InitializeConfiguration(ConfigurationType configurationType, ArachnodeDAO arachnodeDAO) in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\DataAccess\Managers\ConfigurationManager.cs:line 53
            at Arachnode.DataAccess.ArachnodeDAO..ctor(String connectionString, Boolean initializeApplicationConfiguration, Boolean initializeWebConfiguration) in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\DataAccess\ArachnodeDAO.cs:line 134
            at Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Crawler..ctor() in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\SiteCrawler\Crawler.cs:line 75
       InnerException: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
            Source=".Net SqlClient Data Provider"
            ErrorCode=-2146232060
            Class=11
            LineNumber=65536
            Number=4060
            Procedure=""
            Server="."
            State=1
            StackTrace:
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
                 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
                 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
                 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
                 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
                 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
                 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
                 at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
                 at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
                 at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
                 at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
                 at Arachnode.DataSource.ArachnodeDataSetTableAdapters.VersionTableAdapter.GetData() in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\DataSource\ArachnodeDataSet.Designer.cs:line 10157
                 at Arachnode.DataAccess.ArachnodeDAO.GetVersion() in G:\Text analysis\Arachnode_1.4\DataAccess\ArachnodeDAO.cs:line 650
            InnerException:

I guess this is the problem -      Server="."

Where "." should be server, incl. named instance rather than "."! This was the same issue with the connection string in the Analysis project above.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the faulty connection string though...

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

So, the culprit was ConnectionStrings.config (not so hard to spot) in the Confuguration project.  Changed the errant . to the server name, rebuilt solution and we're away.  Well, after adding the Lucene.net indexes folder to the crawlActions table we were, anyway.

First crawl completed!

Still a couple of questions at this point, though:

1. Adding/amending the connections strings didn't seem to be part of the install guide - were these perculiar to my setup or is this an ommision?

2. The Analysis project - this runs every time I run the solution, with the error in the post above. What does the Analysis project do, how do I cure the error and do I really need to run it every time (it takes about 30")?

3. I still haven't caused that IIS dialogue/error listed above - it looks like this might take affect with the web/search pages that I haven't used yet - how do I fix this?

Thanks

Simon

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Another addendum: on my SECOND crawl, the Analysis project deployed correctly. Presuambly because there was som content IN the tables it is trying to analyse after my first crawl?

So that specific question is now closed!

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Point localhost to the Web directory, and not the root of the AN files.  That should solve the localhost error.  (and do this in IIS - basically update your existing LOCALHOST site to point to AN...)

Does this help?

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

I think you are correct on the omission of the connection string - I had assumed a non-named instance.  I should add that.

The AnalysisServices project is just a bit of sugar for those that know how to use Analysis services.  You can safely remove it from the solution.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Sorry to be a dimwit, but I don't really want localhost to resove to anywhere other than 127.0.0.1, do I?  ie. as it would impact anything else other than AN... or perhaps you aren't talking about adding references to the hosts file?

The Anlysis proj seems to be working fine now - having run through a couple of times, I am now getting a "No changes detected" message in the deployment box (which I assume to be good). I'm reticen to delete this as I will be using the Analysis server functionality.

BTW, no repetiton of the BSODs that I was getting under Vista (and I still have Kaspersky installed) :)

Simon

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Would moving the entire AN solution (or just the Web project?) to the existing localhost (ie. my network root) solve this?

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

localhost to WINDOWS is different than localhost to IIS.

OK to change your IIS default website to the AN Web directory, which will correctly map http://localhost Big Smile

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Morning all

Everything seems to be up and running now.  Thanks for your help, Mike.

IN addition to adding the IIS details you gave above, I also amended the <IISURL> tag in the web.csproj file from http://localhost to http://localhost/web based on a doc I found online relating to the IIS error I was getting.

Let me know if you think this will have caused any other problems that I may not have found as yet... but I now have all projects loading and the search.aspx site now reveals the search fu8nctionality (this is Lucene,right?)

Now to start hammering it with some proper testing!

Cheers

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Great!

The change you made should be fine.

Yes, Search.aspx exposes the Lucene.net functionality.

3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC