arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Problems deploying Analysis project

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Male
20 Posts
vishal posted on Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:06 AM

Hi,

I am facing some issues with deploying and making Analysis project run, I am using AN.net_v1.4, I have attached a video showing the problem, you would need windows media player to watch the video.

regards,

removed video (this was not working)

Vishal[http://arachnode.net/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/42/2273.Issue-with-Analysis-Project.wmv:550:0]

I apparently found that video is not working when uploaded to this post, here is the problem in verbage

1) the Analysis project had properties to deploy to localhost server and was giving errors "unable to connect to localhost" I fixed it by providing it correct database server name

2) I pointed Analysis project properties to deploy it as Analysis database

3) I generated the relational schema using the Analysis project "Generate Relational Schema" context menu on the solution explorer and it created the database for me, but it failed on following dimensions

The 'Domains' dimension was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'Extensions' dimension was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'Schemes Discoveries' dimension was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'Discovery Types' dimension was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'Hosts Discoveries' dimension was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'Domains_DMDim' dimension was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'UriClassificationCube' cube was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

The 'UriClassificationCube_DM' cube was not generated because it is bound to a user table.

and if i try to deploy, the deployment fails for the same dimensions giving same errors above

regards,

Vishal

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Vishal -

I am on vacation and will be back in Tuesday.

The Analysis services project isn't necessary for crawling, and is a value-add/jumpstart if you know Analysis Services.

-Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC