arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

The project file \Functions.csproj cannot be opened.

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

posted on Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:10 AM

Hi,

I am trying to use v1.2 for the first time and everytime I open the solution in VS2008 Standard Edition I get the following error:

The project file 'C:\arachnode.net_1.2_release_+lucene.net\Functions\Functions.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation.

Although probably not supported, I have also tried to open/convert in VS 2010 Beta 2 - and the Functions project opens but not the Integration Project. I am using a Win7 machine too = problem?

It doesn't appear anyone has had this problem on this board, but if anyone could point me in the right direction.. very much appreciated...

thanks

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Male
101 Posts
Answered (Verified) Kevin replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:22 AM
Verified by arachnode.net

Hmmm... I REALLY recommend upgrading and purchasing the latest version.  Tons of improvements and tweaks to make it easier to use.

Short of that, the integration project should not be required so technically you could just exclude that from the project.

On the functions project, it does some sql clr stuff with sql server so I wonder if there's some kind of issue there.

Can you move to the latest version?

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

You may need the professional version of Visual Studio.

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC