arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Paging In Lucene.Net Search Results

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

posted on Thu, Dec 24 2009 8:27 AM

Hi,

I am newbiee here.I am not sure whether I can post it here or not,But psoting because I am getting useful replies from this forums.Thanks for everything.

I am using Lucene.Net to search in my website.When I am trying to search in some scenaios I am getting thousands of results.In future it may be lakhs of results. I can't show all the results in single page.Can Lucene.Net supports in paging.Can I search and get a range of results. like first 100 and later 101 to 200 like this..

Can you let me know, as soon as possible, so that if it is not possible, I may need to look for alternates.Waiting for your response.Thanks in advance.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Yes, the SearchManager supports paging of any page size.  You could page by every 1-2 results if you wanted to...

The SearchManager supports the type of paging you want to do as well, you can mix and match like you described.

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Yes, the SearchManager supports paging of any page size.  You could page by every 1-2 results if you wanted to...

The SearchManager supports the type of paging you want to do as well, you can mix and match like you described.

3. Include screenshots.

replied on Thu, Dec 24 2009 7:29 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have gone through SearchManager,cs.In this we are performing Search each and every time.whenever user wants to navigate to other page.Everytime we are getting all the results and showing a set of results only based on page number.

Won't Lucene.Net itself support this kind of functionality, like Search and return results within a range like 1-10 , 11-20 .. like this. Because the searching process itself will take time to get all results.So, I am just wondering if we can get range of search results from Lucene.Net

So, can you let me know if we can do it?

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
arachnode.net replied on Thu, Dec 24 2009 8:48 PM

I don't believe that lucene support paging internally.  The recommendation from lucene.net is to go ahead and search again, as lucene.net is fast and the internal caching is beneficial for re-searching.

Searching speed is greatly improved in Version 1.3+ FWIW.

3. Include screenshots.

replied on Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:15 PM

Thanks for your reply. Then I will use Searchmanager.cs only.

Answered (Not Verified) replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:10 AM
Suggested by

Well, You're probably better off using Solr, this kind of capability comes with simple query parameters, see

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/CDRG_ch07_7.6?q=query%20limit

Hope this will help you.

Cheers Smile

replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:39 AM

Yeah checked it out. Looks good.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC