arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release
What is the point of this?

Some human or bot created about 200 users yesterday, but I don't/didnt' see any signs of SPAM.  Why bother?  Proof of concept for a nasty attack later?  Hmm...?

I guess if nothing else whomever/whatever did this just added a few more unique words to the site.

OK - I think I need to get off my butt and install that CAPTCHA.

Posted Sat, Jul 4 2009 9:36 AM by arachnode.net
Filed under: ,

Comments

Jay Stevens wrote re: What is the point of this?
on Sun, Jul 5 2009 7:46 AM

I just briefly glanced at the long string of activity and thought that somehow arachnode had gotten slashdotted or farked or something.

arachnode.net wrote re: What is the point of this?
on Sun, Jul 5 2009 11:00 AM

Would that be nice?  Although I'm quite certain that a link from either of those two sources would bring down the WebServer.  :)

Milo wrote re: What is the point of this?
on Tue, Jul 7 2009 9:43 AM

Nah, it looks like some spam-bot . Maybe even XRumer? If you can put links in your profile and in comments and everywhere else and they are "dofollow" types  that's a tidbit for SEO or linkspamming purposes, since arachnode.net has a nice PageRank. You'd better use some good CAPTCHA and change all links to "nofollow" if the script has that feature...:)

arachnode.net wrote re: What is the point of this?
on Tue, Jul 7 2009 2:34 PM

I have some CAPTCHA code that I should probably implement.

At least those users didn't try and implement the obnoxious full-screen <div> that another spammer did.  But, hey, at least this site is just popular enough for someone to care.  :)

Kevin wrote re: What is the point of this?
on Tue, Jul 7 2009 6:39 PM

Popularity has its price!

Henry.Wen wrote re: What is the point of this?
on Tue, Aug 25 2009 10:22 PM

When i config the code, find a bug or maybe i make a mistake. when the code run to here---- ArachnodeDAO.cs

public ArachnodeDataSet.VersionDataTable GetVersion()

{

try

{

return _versionTableAdapter.GetData();/////the code Pop,and no give any infomations

///please help me ,thanks !

}